The Great Train Robbery of 1963 still stands as one of Britain's most audacious robberies.
We have recreated what happened, taking students back in time and history. At the same time students have the fantastic opportunity to kinaesthetically investigate what happened.It is suitable for students aged 6+
This is what students will do during a typical school day:-
- Forensic Science (Find small items found at the crime scene. Finger printing, casting teeth marks, constructing photo fits, examining hair and fibres)
- Literacy ( Search a 1963 copy of the “ Daily Express” for information. Using a “writing frame”, write the front page of a newspaper.
- Speaking and Listening (Have a discussion around the “morality” of stealing)
- Numeracy (Count the notes, work out how long it would have taken the robbers to remove the postal sacks. Ratio. Examine Ordnance Survey Maps to find the robbery site and the “hide out”
- History (Delve back into time, over 50 years using primary and secondary sources
JUST DOWNLOAD THE FURTHER INFORMATION AND PRICES BELOW. REMEMBER THE OFFER FINISHES ON 31ST DECEMBER 2016